This morning was one of those "welcome to motherhood" mornings. So for laughs (as I am out of it.... and for later) I though I would share. I woke up to discover I had leaked milk all over Em and the bed. Awesome #1. She was all smiles which made me happy. Then I discovered how ridiculously wet she was. Awesome #2, so I changed her diaper. Five minutes later I heard the grunting... someone was filling her diaper. Awesome #3. As I walked downstairs to where the cloth diapers are she started spitting up. Awesome #4. It landed all over the stairs and me, so I grabbed a burp cloth and started wiping up what I could find. I laid her down to change her and started cleaning up a mess of a diaper. Mid changing poop shot out (yes shot), I was so glad I had a wipe or else it would have been everywhere.... Awesome #5. I finished cleaning her and got her dressed. The outfit was HORRID. I am so glad I didn't take the tags off, Awesome #6. I took it off and discovered I really had jumped the gun on the diaper change because she had already pooped in her cloth diaper, Awesome #7. I changed her and I walked back upstairs to get a different outfit. I got back down and discovered our wood drying rack left a yellow line across her onesie Awesome #8. So back upstairs to get something for her to wear. I got back downstairs and got her dressed for her to start fussing. I tried to nurse her and she did for 5 minutes before she was done and angry. So the pacifier went in and my hand on her cheek. Within 5 minutes she was asleep.... That 45 minute start to our morning wore her out too. Hence I sit here blogging about it in my underwear as I have had 6 oreos (mint I might add) and a glass of water for breakfast.... Oh and Jared doesn't get home until 5 today....
I love being a mom and I love this girl. This was my official welcome to motherhood since I have had it sooo easy. I am glad that I have such a good baby. :)
This is Lovee her lion. (Jared named it.... it stuck)
She rolled over for the first time on Saturday
Eating your hand is always a good thing.
Oh and ice cream for the mom at 2 is always a good thing too.
(7.5 hours later)
Jared got home early! It is raining! I got to work out (even if after 15 minutes of Zumba my rear was kicked). I think Emery is sick (again.... or still). But Life is still good. I still love being a mom and I know I will be ready for my bed tonight!
Enjoy the Journey.
This is Lovee her lion. (Jared named it.... it stuck)
She rolled over for the first time on Saturday
Eating your hand is always a good thing.
Oh and ice cream for the mom at 2 is always a good thing too.
(7.5 hours later)
Jared got home early! It is raining! I got to work out (even if after 15 minutes of Zumba my rear was kicked). I think Emery is sick (again.... or still). But Life is still good. I still love being a mom and I know I will be ready for my bed tonight!
Enjoy the Journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment