Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Atonement


Today in Relief Society our lesson was on the Atonement. To start the lesson Sister Lawson asked what came to mind when we heard "Atonement." My answer came without a moment's hesitation "we are never alone and He knows exactly what we are going through." 

This has been such a large part of my life in the past year, and even more in Sept-Nov. Those were dark months in my life. Darker than I ever imagined I would experience and a place I never want to revisit again. During this time my family rallied around me to keep reminding me that He knows exactly what I was going through. 

Of course life is never easy and now that that has passed there is something different to take it's place-highs and lows-as there always is. But something that I try to remind myself everyday is that my Savior knows exactly what I am going through. He knows my strengths and my weaknesses and knows what I need and when I need it. He knows when I will break down and what to do when that happens. He knows that I need people in other wards to talk to me at church because rarely anone in our ward does. He knows that it makes me feel special that the 79ish year old lady in our ward (that no one else can stand) remembers every detail that I tell her and even notices the fact that I dyed my hair. He knows every detail about my life, every insecurity, every fear, every doubt, every concern, every joy, EVERYTHING. 

It is through the Atonement that we are made whole. It is through the Atonement that I was made whole after months of darkness and doubt. 

I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who KNOW. 

Enjoy the Journey.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Yes I hope we never ever have to go to the scary scary place again. AS I told a few people I WOULD RATHER go through infertility the what I went through with you. The scariest time in my life. So grateful for the Holy Ghost's prompting and for a Dr that finally new what to do! It's amazing that a drug can do what that drug did to you and what a difference 8 hours made being off it. Love you so much

Carrie said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.