I have 3 weeks left in the semester. WOW. This semester has gone so fast, and at times so slow. It has been a semester of growth. It has been a semester of tears. It has been a semester that I realized the reality of Satan trying to bring me down. It has been a semester of blessings. It has been a semester of service. I have missed my family a lot this semester and have realized the importance of them in my life and how thankful I am for them. I have loved to be able to come home for quick weekends to see my parents, Karissa and Adam, and Grandma, or skype with Lisa, Parker, and Julia-sometimes I am even lucky enough to catch them when Chad is home. I am so blessed to have such an incredible family and to have them support me in all that I do. I wouldn't be able to do half of what I do without them!
As I have served as the Relief Society President this semester, I have had amazing girls to work with. Nicole Ellis is my first counselor and she can always brighten my day. She is always concerned about me and wants to do anything to help make my job easier. She is INCREDIBLE!!! Ashley Bedke is my second counselor. She was a bit intimidated at the beginning of the semester (this is her first semester and first real time in RS), but she has been incredible with the RS meetings outside of Sunday meetings. She is also always concerned about me and thinks that I am pretty amazing--I have her fooled! :) Lindsey Nelson is my secretary and she takes incredible notes. Whenever we have our meetings she always has the notes from the last one(s) and keeps me organized.
I have the best nephew and niece in the world and love them so much! They brighten my day when I get to skype with them or earlier in the semester when I got to see them. I had an experience earlier this week while I was getting ready for class. I got a text from 'Chad' I opened it and soon realized that Chad was not texting me but Parker was, my first clue was asdpgaspkaignkp--something to that effect. This is kinda how our conversation went:
Kara: Hi Parker!
'Chad': sdoagiand
Kara: How is your morning going?
'Chad': um... good
Kara: What did you have for breakfast?
'Chad': I didn't have breakfast
Kara: oh, are you playing with Julia?
'Chad': No I am cooking me marshmallow
Kara: Lucky, are you making me one?
'Chad': I burnt it
Kara: oh no! Are you making Ashley one?
'Chad': I burnt hers too
Kara: oh no! don't burn yours!
'Chad': No I only burnt yours its on fire on the ground
Kara: Oh no be careful not to burn the carpet!
I am so thankful for that little boy and that texting conversation that made my morning as I was getting ready and had a chemistry test later that day. I miss those kids so much and can't wait until I get to see them again.
Sorry this post is kind of random!
No comments:
Post a Comment