Tuesday, December 1, 2009

MisSiOn cAlL

JARED GOT HIS MISSION CALL!!!!
I am so exited for him! This is how the afternoon played out. On Friday Jared came over and we did some stuff at my house, then we were about to head out to his house when his aunt called. She asked him if he got the mail and where he was going and thought he was going to call when he opened it. As I listened from the other room I was freaking out! Then Jared was like "My call came and my parents didn't call to tell me???" Well we headed out to Jared's house. When we got there his dad was headed towards the mailbox. Jared was like "Did it come?" No mail. We went inside and Julie said that Nona (their mail carrier, also in their ward) said she would call when she saw it at the post office so they could come and pick it up earlier, but maybe she had the day off.... Jared checked 2 more times, still no mail. Then we started to play Christmas BINGO with his family (a tradition with Julie's side). I talked to Julie about going down to Utah this coming weekend so that I could be there when Jared opened his call. Well at 4:20 (yes I know the time) Jared headed out the door, I asked him where he was going and he said to get the mail, he had told so many time he knew it wasn't coming but he was going to get the mail for his dad. I told him I wanted to come, I put on my one shoe and decided not to mess with my boot, so I asked him for a piggy back ride. I jumped on his back (I wish we would have had a picture of this!) and we headed to the mailbox. He stopped in front of it and I opened it up. I SAW IT!!! I was so excited I screamed, RIGHT in his ear... (sorry about that Jared!!). He kindly told me that now he wasn't able to hear and proceeded to take the mail out of the mailbox. He told me that he wanted to go in calm and not say anything, waiting for them to realize what he was holding. So I jumped off of his back and ran to the car to get my computer (Lisa was going to Skype but that didn't work out, and yes with one shoe on). We went in the house and his Uncle Matt was the only one in the kitchen/family room, Jared showed him the envelope as we headed to the living room. All we did was stand in the doorway and people starting realizing that his call was here!!!!! We gathered in the family room, called who we needed to have on speaker (or attempted to), and he opened it up. He opened it and handed it to his Uncle Matt to "set it up." Matt put the envelope over the letter so Jared couldn't skip ahead but had to slide it down as he read. He will be serving in the Brazil Salvador Mission!!! He will speak Portuguese and leave on April 14, 2010. I am so excited for him and know he will be an amazing missionary!!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Woot Woot Yeah for missions!