Wednesday, December 7, 2011

1st Trimester

I am 14.5 weeks pregnant today. Student Teaching ended at the end of my first trimester, which was hard. The early mornings were hard for me, as well as teaching because I have been completely exhausted. I haven't been extremely sick, but I have been nauseated. The mornings haven't been great, but if I force myself to get up and get moving, eat something then generally I am okay. There have only been a few mornings when I have called my mom crying until I got on the freeway on my way to school. I did get some kind of flu bug for about 2 weeks at the beginning of November and that knocked me down bad. I was so sick and miserable. It is more of a game of what does sound good to me rather than what doesn't sound good to me. The smell of meat cooking makes me want to lose it though, even the Turkey at Thanksgiving. We told people over Thanksgiving which was a lot of fun. Jared and I had made shirts to tell people so we would just wear those to go "visit" people and see when they noticed. My favorite was Jared's aunt Lori. We went to go and "see their new addition to their home" which we did want to see. We walked in and Dale started giving us the tour, then we saw Lori and we stood in front of them talking for just a minute. Lori asked to read our shirts, and Dale said "Is this an announcement?" Lori responded with "Yes, they are making a new movie!" I said "Yes" and held my shirt out further for her to read. She finally finished reading it and screamed with excitement. It was so funny because she really thought we were just announcing a new movie. 


Jared took this today, I found these shoes at Old Navy for super cheap so I bought them. He put them on the tree because he thinks it will be a girl. I think it will be a boy. :) We shall see in January! (YES we will find out what it is... with me wanting to sew and 2 Grandma's wanting to purchase... how can we not?) Under our tree we have a stroller. We found a great deal on a Phil and Ted's. They are awesome. We don't have the double attachment yet, but when we need it we can get one. I am just excited about the stroller itself! 

Enjoy the Journey.

3 comments:

DaNae Barnard said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting for the two of you! :)

Travis and Lindsay said...

I am sooooo excited for you!!!!

Becky said...

I LOVE THE "ORNAMENT" THE BEST!!! Maybe I will just use shoes this year! SO EXCITED!! SO EXCITED !!! SO EXCITED