Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Black Eye

On the 13th I was folding laundry while Jared was gone taking a final. When I fold laundry Emery is generally on the floor next to me so I give her all of the socks to play with while I fold the rest. Of course I had to take pictures!

After I finished folding I had to run to the bathroom (right off the living room). I was literally only gone ONE minute but as I was flushing the toilet I heard a little whimper. I walked into the living room to find her still breathing in prepping for a big cry. She had crawled (yes I knew she could army crawl) over to the recliner (like 3 feet from where I left her) and had apparently pulled our camera down onto her... hitting her eye. It was bleeding, swollen and black and blue already.
It was one of those "I feel like an awesome mom" moments. (the other time I have had one of these moments it was 10:30 p.m. and I realized I hadn't changed her since noon..... oops) So we cuddled, she fell asleep, then it was time to leave for activity days.... BUT she was happy the rest of the day!
(the next day)

Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

OMG! I am totally laughing so hard at the "haven't changed her since noon" comment. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! hahaha