Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Moving

We MOVED! We bought our first home and moved in August. These are random cell phone pictures that I sent to my mom along the way. I'll try to post better before and after pictures soon!


Cleaning hall/baseboards. It's amazing, even though this is an area I cleaned weekly when you do a deep clean so much more comes off!


The Cream color is what we painted over the flesh color.


Kitchen before!


Again the cream over the green.


Living room (cream is what I painted). The first day I got SOOOOO much painting done. E had hand, foot and mouth the first week we moved-(we moved/did projects over a 2 week period the last of August.) I had to paint what she wouldn't/couldn't touch so I got creative!


Lunch. She loves a burger.


Master (antique white over green on 3 walls, one blue)


Master


The living room and hallway/stairs upstairs as well as stairs going down (but not family room) carpet was all replaced a week before we made the offer on the house. We found out what the carpet was and put it throughout the rest of the house. Jared and Adam ripped the carpet out and then a neighbor (by the townhomes) came and laid the new carpet. It's amazing how much better it looks!


Downstairs the carpet wasn't laid on the stairs or in the (what we call) exercise room, but we laid it there. We did have child labor while we were doing projects. She's quite the helper these days!


Previously a white fridge! I highly recommend the $3 a can appliance paint! $12 and this fridge looks so much better and matches the rest of the appliances.


When you only move .5 a mile it is so much easier to not fully pack/unpack. I got pretty creative and felt like a genius with some ideas! (side note... I've never taken clothes off hangers to move... it's so much easier not to I think!)


This light was just a circle bulb light and we found this one for $5 at a yard sale. It's amazing how much of a difference the little things make!


Getting packed!


Unpacking!


Taking things off the walls-I try to do this very last because it makes everything seem so sterile.


What was left/our last loads of what we moved. 

Jared's parents came down the weekend in between the weeks we moved. They left his dad's new truck and Granpa Fielding's snowmobile trailer. It was so nice to be able to take larger loads and to not have to rent a truck. Every time we went we took two cars and loaded them to the very brim! We also took basically everything from both of our parent's homes which was quite the task. Now we've been going through it and dejunking. It feels good to be responsible for all of our stuff, but it is also an overwhelming task somedays. Every time I take something out to the garage/Jared's car to get rid of it feels so lovely. I don't know why de-junking feels so good to me but it does! 

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: