Thursday, June 11, 2009

President Henry B. Eyring


On Tuesday I had the amazing opportunity to go to devotional where President Eyring was speaking! I was so nervous I wasn't going to get a ticket, but my super smart roommate Beth decided that since the Internet was being slow she would try to call the ticket office. We both got one and I was able to get one for Ashley! The week before devotional in classes we were reminded about the honor code on campus. We were also asked to make sure to prepare ourselves for devotional. In my nutrition class Brother Keller talked about the last time President Eyring was here for devotional. Brother Keller said that President Eyring later said that he changed his talk to give them (the students) because they could receive it. I tried my best to prepare for devotional and had a few questions in mind I was hoping to have answered. The doors for the Hart opened at 1, it was a madhouse! President Eyring's son is a stake president here on campus and also the Advancement Vice President here on campus. When President Eyring's son walked in a few people in the back stood because they look so much alike they didn't realize it wasn't President Eyring (man that might be confusing!). When President Eyring did walk in though it went silent as everybody stood. His talk was inspired I have no doubt. It was AWESOME!!! His talk is titled The Temple and The College on the Hill it is so good! The BYU-I website doesn't have it in a printable version yet but you can listen to it if you click here. I recommend it to everyone, especially if you have been to BYU-Idaho or live in the surrounding area!

No comments: