Sunday, March 14, 2010

Henderson, Island Park, Cakes

I have decided that my life is a series of late nights. Between Jared, my internship and just not being tired I am often up late. Jared and I were able to go to Henderson and see Chad, Lisa, Parker and Julia. We love them! Julia and Jared are best friends, she always was happy if he was holding her or she would climb up on him and just lay there. Parker was a pirate most of the time, or he was a cowboy. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! They took us to the best place called DONUTS! Two words: apple fritter! So delicious! Lisa has most of the pictures on her computer because we used her camera most of the time but I am going to put on a few from mine. We went hiking at Red Rock Canyon and had so much fun! We also found this seasonal waterfall that was way cool! It was incredible to see the water but also the ice because the water was so cold!









The next weekend after we got home I went with Jared's family to Island Park to go snow mobiling! I love going with him and always have so much fun! This time I learned how to get myself unstuck (most of the time) and got to drive by myself for a bit. Jordan (Jared's brother ) came for the weekend and brought his girlfriend Cahlin. She is so cute! Julisa, Cahlin and I were all in one room,and Friday night stayed up until 4 a.m. talking. It was crazy but very productive! :)




This week I had over 20 hours worth of cakes. We did her neice's wedding cake and it was beautiful. If this cake was for a real client it would have ran about $2000. INSANE!!! It was huge and so heavy. We sculpted the people on the top even! I only have to get 11 hours a week for the next 4 weeks to get all of my hours before I am done with my internship!





I also registered for classes this week! I will be taking:
-Family Foundations
-Money Management
-Meal Management
-Education Psychology
-Natural Disasters
-Fashion Merchandising (1st block)
-Fundamentals of Fashion Design (2nd block

2 comments:

Alicia said...

So glad you are alive!!! I mean really a bone every now & then is barely keeping me alive. Fun trips! Happy you are having a blast, keep playing in college. Money management... I took that! Natural Disasters, sounds very interesting. Love ya!

Tim and Amber said...

fashion desigh sounds like fun!