Friday, March 19, 2010

I will admit...

that I am OCD. I realize this completely. I cannot stand when things get crazy messy and are a disaster. I like for things to be clean. I especially like for the bathroom to be clean (the sink, the tub, toilet,etc.). Sometimes my bedroom gets kind of messy when I am crazy busy, but then I clean it and in the process get rid of stuff because then I feel better. I love the feeling of filling a bag of trash or a bag for D.I. because then that means that it isn't in my room anymore!

I also really enjoy cleaning. I like to see the expressions on people's faces when I help them dejunk/clean and then they look around and realize how much better they feel. The feeling of having a clean house/apartment is wonderful!

So I have a few tips:

  • If you don't use it in a 6 mo. period-throw it out
  • If you haven't worn during the season it is to be worn it-get rid of it
  • Place a measuring cup of water in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, then wipe everything out.
  • Try to re-use things if you can. (I took my old down east shirts and made them into a skirt.)
  • Wash/soak dishes as soon after use as possible because they will be easier to clean
  • Simplify your life, don't be afraid to say no
  • Keep a to do list, shopping list, any kind of list you need and cross things off once you get them done!
  • Save money for a rainy day.
All of these things we already know but I was just thinking about the importance of all of them. We should simplify our lives and realize what is important to us and what isn't. Make time for laughter, pictures, and time to relax.
Enjoy the journey.

1 comment:

My Vinyl Designer said...

Thanks for not including any personal photos, comments or experiences from working here! CUTE blog...I loved reading through it!