Saturday, September 11, 2010

1.2.3.4.5.

This past week has been crazy but it has been so fun. I was called a week ago this past Thursday to be an I-Team leader for the incoming Freshman. I-Team is basically freshman orientation. I felt like an EFY counselor because none of the boys showed up! And I loved it, because I have always wanted to be an EFY counselor! These pics are from the week sorry they are in random order!

Singing Hymns at the end of the "Spirit Challenge"

We were blindfolded and had to walk around campus to the fields (we didn't know at the time) and there we did the "Spirit Challenge." It was awesome! It was like the world and finding the iron rod and making it to the Celestial Kingdom.

Our "Human Formation" picture. We decided to do the Rexburg temple, complete with the couple in front. ;)

Playing Lava Escape-one of the games we played at the new student BBQ.

Four of the six in our apartment were I-Team leaders. It was so fun! L-R Nicole, Kailee, Me, Kelsee

I am so thankful I had the chance to do this! It was such an awesome experience and my testimony grew so much! The first two days of classes are done! WOOT! Thursday had both extremes, good and bad. It started off with me missing my first class because my schedule messed up online... UGH! But it ended good. Friday was GREAT!!! Everything worked out and I could see the tender mercies of the Lord.

This semester my roommates and I have set the habit of saying roommate prayer each night. BUT before we pray we take turns saying one tender mercy from that day. It is such an incredible thing to do because then we realize how much the Lord is in or lives. At one of the training meetings for I-Team, after we started this, President Clark promised us that if we would take the time to look for tender mercies we would realize how much the Lord is into His work. It is so true!! Another thing we decided to do is since we don't have church until 1:30 on Sundays we are going to study the relief society/Sunday school lessons that morning.

On Sunday I get to conduct Relief Society and I am so excited. I miss my calling as RS president so much! I was so happy when Jordyn (the other RS president who actually got put in with me) came over and asked me. Tonight I get to go to the Jon Schmitt concert and am excited about that too!

I have never been happier at school honestly. This semester has started off great and I am so excited about it! With 18 credits I am going to be busy but it will be worth it.

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: