In 24 hours at Jordan High there was a fire set in one of the bathroom. Luckily when it happened it was after school, but the were holding attendance school, so it still had to be evacuated.
Then the next day after I had been at school for about 10 minutes there was a lock down. Kind of scary. We didn't know why, but we found out later there was someone who was walking around carrying a shotgun and knives by the school. The rule is within a 2 mile radius they do a lockdown. It lasted about 45 minutes! Luckily the students had a late start because of the PLAN test. But that changed the schedule even more so the students only had 27 minute classes. NOTE: Students do not function with 27 minute classes! They shut their brains off and don't want to learn AT ALL!
Then during lunch (before the students even had class), there were 2 fights. One included knives being pulled out!
Well, it is all within a matter of 24 hours, but it has been better since then!!! I only have 24 more days of actual teaching/going to Jordan High School, but I have a total of 40 days including weekends.
I have enjoyed my experience, but I am so ready to be done with school. I have been going to school straight since Fall '09. That is a long time with only 1-2 week breaks. As for my plans after student teaching?? Sleep-these late nights and early mornings are killing me. After that... I don't know! I know I will take some time off, but other than that I have no idea!
Enjoy the Journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment