Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Made Chicken Nuggets

Tonight for dinner I wanted to try something new and they turned out pretty yummy! I looked up a few different recipes for dinner and then decided that home made chicken nuggets sounded good. I have only made them once before and it was in my Introduction to Foods class my 2nd semester of college. I found a recipe, but made changes as to what I knew we would like. They turned out so yummy and this will definitely be a recipe that I use again, as well as make some different variations to! Here is the recipe that I used:

3-4 slices of bread
1/3 c. Parmesan Cheese
Season Salt to taste-I probably used 1 T

Place those ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then spread in a flat dish or plate. In a bowl mix:

2 egg whites
1 T. Oil
1 T. Water

Cut 2-3 Chicken Breasts in bite size (1-1.5") chunks. Dip in egg mixture and then in breading. 

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes (or until they are done).

Serve with your favorite sides!

Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Kara,
Something you have to try is Panko bread crumbs! I LOVE these for breading chicken to make chicken strips or nuggets.