Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And The Verdict Is....


We went to the dr this morning for a check up from our visit last night. Dr. Clark ordered an ultrasound for my gallbladder because she said it sounded like gallbladder attack. We talked about changes in my diet aka shifting to a lowfat/lowacid diet. Then I was lucky enough to fast the next 8 hours until my appointment. They do the ultrasound of all of your organs (kidneys, liver, spleen, gallbladder, etc.) so it was quite exciting... NOT! Looking at our little girl is way more exciting! Dr. Clark had sent in the order as a call order meaning they look at the results immediately, call her and then she talks to us. She gave them permission to tell me the results and a few other things. The tech came in and said that I indeed have gallstones and sludge. LUCKY ME! And that Dr. Clark said to stick with the diet we talked about and we would talk further about the results at my appointment on Tuesday (which is when they are doing my glucose test). So for now.... Apples it is! :) 
{and anything else lowfat!}

Enjoy the Journey.

3 comments:

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

I have had gallstones before. It hurts REALLY BAD!!! Yes, diet does help alot so keep on doing it. I notice if I eat something way to fatty, (ice cream) especially I will start getting a gallbladder attack. I once was considering on getting it taken out, but I have heard from other people that have had theirs taken out and it made them feel worse. I would rather do the diet thing. Plus there is a gallbaldder cleanse you can do, (its gross) but it works!!! Good luck!

martha said...

Banks family members seem to have problems with gall bladders. My mom had hers removed shortly after Melissa was born.

Abby said...

My sister had the same thing! She had surgery after birth. I think fat-free fudgesicles became her favorite! I'll see if she has any recipes that she found! :( Sorry to hear it and good luck!