It wasn't exactly what we had planned for tonight but it is what we did. I got really bad stomach pains this afternoon and thought it was gas. I took some tums and fell asleep for a little bit then woke up to the same intensity of pain. I had been happening for about an hour to an hour and a half so I called my mom. I explained that the pain was around my stomach, as well as really bad in my ribs. She told me to call the dr. I called the clinic and told them what was going on and she asked me to hold. She came back on the phone and asked me to go to Labor and Delivery to be monitored. I hung up the phone and immediately started crying.
Jared and I drove to the hospital and then got checked in. We got into a room (after registering, etc.) and a nurse came in. The nurses started asking me questions and I answered them, then one of the nurses looked at me and said "Are you scared?" I was like hello???? If you knew the pain I was feeling and this was your first baby wouldn't you be too????? They found her heartbeat immediately and that made me feel good. She had a heartbeat of 155 and they put another monitor on to see if I was having any contractions at all. I wasn't but they kept both monitors on. It made us laugh because she always hides when Jared tries to feel her (but he has!) but she seriously kept kicking the monitor. I could feel her flop and kick, she did not like it! Jordan and Cahlin got to the hospital and Jared and Jordan gave me a blessing. A few minutes after the blessing the pain started to go away, but would come back here and there. After going in and out they gave me zofran and pepsid. They took a urine sample and a blood sample. They couldn't get ahold of my Dr. but one of her residents said he would come over in a bit. All of the tests came back fine, and they finally got ahold of Dr. Clark. (She was at the gym and figured she didn't have any patients due soon so she didn't keep her phone on her). They released me and told me Dr. Clark wants to see me tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.
For now we are glad everything is still going well and that it wasn't anything serious, even though they don't know what it was.
Enjoy the Journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment