Sunday, July 22, 2012

Priorities

Jared and I have had this discussion about once a day for the last sixish weeks. We just talk about how things do and don't matter as much anymore-not in a bad way but in a good way. 

With things happening all around and life changing our priorities have really changed. We definitely have more of an eternal perspective. When things come up that bug us we vent about them but then remember that all that REALLY matters is our little family. Going in for surgery my mindset still wasn't about me but about my sweet Emery. I wanted everything to go okay and for there to not be any complications for HER sake... not mine. When I was coming out of it and could hear the nurses ask about her and how old she was I knew she was fine and I was comforted. 

It is amazing how your life changes with the birth of a baby. My heart has grown in ways that words cannot describe and Jared feels the same way. My love for Jared has grown and my appreciation for the covenants we made in the temple has grown. 

We see life in a completely new set of eyes now. The way we drive is different, when we eat is different, when we shower, get ready, everything. Our world revolves around our sweet Em but in a good way. She is what matters, our family is what matters. 

Some of the best feelings come when people tell you how beautiful your baby is. When people ask about her, look at her and fall in love, anything to do with her. All we do is look back and tell them we couldn't agree more. We cannot even begin to explain it so all we do is look at each other often and say "I love her."

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: