Dear Girlie,
As I was putting you to bed tonight I was thinking about how these are days to remember, so I thought I'd write down what happened today.
Today you woke up about 7:45, and daddy still had time before he had to go to work. We went downstairs and he was making pancakes for breakfast so I threw some on for us too. You did surprisingly well today not making too much of a mess with the chocolate chip pancakes and syrup.
Dad had to go to work so we finished breakfast and then played for the next few hours. You watched Daniel Tiger and I cut out some felt for garlands. I pretended to sleep and you came and kissed me to "wake me up." You climbed up and down the bar stools, up and down the chairs for the kitchen table, up and down, up and down. At about eleven you started climbing on me, then you started crying. You were so upset suddenly. I decided you might be hungry, it was earlier than normal but it was worth a shot. You ate two of your (re-useable) pouches of yogurt, then a bowl of macaroni and cheese.
Then the floor turned into lava that was apparently going to swallow you up if I put you on the ground, it was amazing to see how high you could pull your legs up. I decided you might be tired, even though it was early for that too. We went upstairs and I put you in your bed, you fell asleep in two, three minutes tops.
You were exhausted. I think you're growing girlie! You've been hungrier, and sleepier than normal lately. You slept for almost three hours girlie! After you woke up we read some books, you helped me sew a garland, we played and you climbed on the bar stools up and down again.
We went next door and you played with Nathan, Sophie and Hyrum. I helped Katie clean her kitchen, and you learned again how important it is to share. Then we decided to go to the playground. There were other friends already at the playground and we ended up playing there for an hour or so.
At the park you climbed all the way up to the tallest slide and went down by yourself! You're getting so big! One of your friends had a cozy coup and you played in that. You thought it was so cool, and knew exactly what to do! You amaze me every day with how much you know!
At about five we headed home from the playground and got a snack. I cut an apple and we shared it. You LOVE apples these days. While I was cleaning you dumped cereal and pretzel balls all over the floor and played with your toys. Dad called to tell us he was on his way home and I started making dinner. While I made dinner you climbed on the bar stools and tried to grab a left over pancake from breakfast. I moved it closer and you grabbed it and devoured it.
We called dad to see where he was and he was just getting off our exit. We went outside and sat on the step and talked to him until I saw his car pulling up then I hung up. I stood you up on my legs and you saw him. You get so excited when he gets home from work. All is right in the world when daddy gets home. Today he didn't have any containers from lunch for you to carry in and put in the sink; you were disappointed, but quickly snuggled into his shoulder for hugs as he carried you into the house.
We ate dinner (pizza bagels) and then got you dressed (when you ate your pancake you sat in a few crumbs so you needed new pants). I had found a deal on pumpkins ($1 ea!) so we got in the car to go and pick some out. Dad put on the music and you immediately started to dance. It's so fun to watch you dance, and I need to get a video of it in the car because it's so cute.
We picked out pumpkins and headed to the library. Dad ran in by himself to pick up an audio book that he has been waiting for. You danced some more as we headed to Julie and Jill's to drop off their pumpkins.
Their door was locked and you pushed your face right up against the window next to the door. Kennedy ran and pushed hers up on the other side and you started to laugh. As we went inside Savanna ran up to you hoping to be greeted with her usual kiss from you. Tonight you did NOT want to kiss her and started to run away. You ran right into the coffee table and were thrown back about a foot as you landed on your bum. We all thought it was pretty funny, including you. You then ran to Jill, sitting at the table, to see what she was eating, but didn't want any tonight.
After a short visit we headed to Smiths to grab some milk. We let you walk into the store, and as dad was holding your hand starting to walk in, you put your left hand up to hold mine as well. It always melts my heart when you do that. As you walked through the store you did a really good job not grabbing everything off of the shelves, and behaving yourself.
When we got back out to the car we headed to Orange Leaf for family night. I got you a gummy bear and you thought it was so cool. You licked it but never actually ate it. I think it was still on the floor in front of the couch when we left. On the way home you were making faces, and sitting quietly in the back seat as I talked to dad, until we were almost home and you started singing along to the song.
We pulled in the driveway and you knew we were home, as you started to try to put your hands under your straps to get out. Dad carried you in and let you push the button to close the garage door like usual. It makes you so excited to realize what you are doing and how things work.
Dad said we needed to clean up, and I told him to have you do a little bit, but that I would finish when you went to bed; it was already past your bedtime. You headed straight for the stairs instead so we decided it was straight to bed.
We went through your bedtime routine, starting with your book and you pulling it out from it's "place" under your bed, then tonight we finished Alma! We sang our song, this week it is I Love to See the Temple. The last few days you've started to say your own prayer before dad or I help you say one. You're doing so great with prayers and also with always saying thank you "tank you" for everything.
When you got in bed you were a little hesitant to lay down so I put your blanket over your face and said "Where's the girlie?" Dad climbed onto your bed for a kiss goodnight and he kissed you through the blanket. You thought it was so funny. Daddy did it for a few minutes and then said goodnight to go and ship stuff that has sold.
I laid on/next to your bed (you're bed is a twin on a trundle and we have it lowered as much as it will go so it's only 3" off the ground) and tried to get you to sleep. You wanted to play, so I left for a few minutes and you cried. You didn't get out of your bed, just sat up and cried. Dad came to the top of the stairs and talked to me while I waited a few minutes, we talked about how it was sad to let you cry, but you always go to sleep better/faster if we let you for a minute or two.
I went back into your room and you laid back down, you snuggled in next to your pillow and grabbed my ear again. We lay there for a few minutes and you took your pacifier out and kissed me, then put it back in. About fifteen minutes later you fell asleep. I crawled out of the room, and was to the second step going down when you started to cry. I went back in and you laid down. I sat next to your bed and you went right back to sleep, again I crawled out of your room (the floor is creaky by your door, and it doesn't make as much noise we've discovered if we crawl out!).
This time you stayed asleep. I went and helped dad with stuff and then we watched a show and are headed to be ourselves.
Sweet Dreams Girlie.
Love,
Mom.
Enjoy the Journey.
2 comments:
Very Sweet!
This was so beautiful! I think you'll really appreciate having written it down. xx
Post a Comment