Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dear Girlie,

Girlie, you've been growing up so much lately. Every day I am amazed by the things you are learning and teaching me at the same time.

Last week I smashed my finger in your closet door while I was trying to get clothes out for you. I was slightly crying while I was getting you dressed and you were so concerned. I would barely get something done, such as putting one leg in your pants, and you would stand up and wrap your arms around me and give me a big squeeze. You did this several times because you were so concerned about me and why I was crying.

Next, you haven't had diapers for a whole week! I'm so proud of you sweet girl! You are so good about telling us when you need to go potty and not having any accidents. We've been leaving your bedroom and our bedroom doors open so that we know when your'e awake. This week I took a couple of naps and you would just walk in and find me sleeping on my bed and say "hi." It was so cute!

Lately, you've also thrown a few fits I can't get you calmed down for almost anything. You seem to get frustrated because you can't tell me what you want and it irritates you. I have learned that if I stop and hold you tight and start singing "I am a Child of God" then you calm down and melt in my arms.

Sweet girl, you make me so happy. I love being your mom and am so glad that I get to stay home with you everyday and teach you and even more, learn from you. Thank you for your patience with me, and for the smiles, hugs, kisses, and laughs everyday.

Love,

Mom

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: