When I went to college Granma gave me the majority of her jewelry as it has always been a favorite of mine. Whenever I went to her house I got to get it out and play with it, put it on, rearrange it, sort it by color, etc. She had an abundance of clip on earrings that I knew I would never wear. I took them and made them into rings and now I go through phases of wearing them (I wore them all of the time then and just pulled them out again the other day for the first time in a year and a half). I'm so thankful for the little things in my life that show up and remind me of her. Sometimes it a look from Emery, a piece of jewelry that she gave me, her picture in our living room, little decorations throughout our home that were things in her home-not important or prominent things-but hers. I'm so thankful for all that she taught me. For the love that I always have felt from her, her support, and for the promises that she made me in her final days on earth. All of these things have made her passing and the months since easier. She'll always be one of my absolute favorite women and greatest examples.
I love you Granma, and miss you everyday.
Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment