There have been a lot of things on my mind lately and I have really felt that I need to record them. (These images I'm taking from my pinterest board.)
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and about how we shouldn't "wish things away". There are a couple of things lately that Jared and I have been talking about and I just keep being reminded about this quote and how it is so true. I'm not a very patient person, so this has been hard for me to learn, and I am still learning it. I am reminded of this everyday, and my testimony is growing stronger each day of this and how true it is.
This is something else that I have been thinking about lately, about setting realistic goals and working on them at a pace that I am comfortable with, and not needing to prove to someone else that I can do it on their timeline. I have gained a lot of self confidence lately as I have learned to love myself more for who I am, not who I was, or who I am working to become. It has really helped me to take my goals to my Heavenly Father and continually ask for His help daily in achieving them one small step at a time.
This has become increasingly real to me lately as I am now the mother to a toddler. As I mentioned above I'm not very patient and it is something that I am always working on. Every night when I tuck Emery into bed I try to apologize again to her of anything that I may need to that happened during the day and I promise to her that I will be a better mom tomorrow than I was today. It has really helped me utilize the atonement in my life and work on continually striving to become better.
Last, this has been on my mind today more than ever. Today I was set apart as the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. As Jared and I talked last night I talked about how I was nervous and how it would make Wednesday nights super busy because we would only see each other for about 15 minutes until 8:30-9 that night. He quickly told me that I would be great at it and that Heavenly Father knows this is where I need to be and that I will do a great job. Today when I was set apart I was told that as I put my most important callings first, that of being a wife and mother, that everything else would also go smoothly. (something to that effect). It was such peace to me to be reminded that He has called me to do this. That I have been entrusted to help teach his precious daughters at this time when they need to be reminded who they are more than ever. I'm excited for this calling and for all that it will teach me!
Enjoy the Journey.




3 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Kara. Great words. I needed to hear them. And, you will do great at your new calling! It's perfect for you!
I love your thoughts, Kara. I am also working on learning these lessons every day, and it can be so hard! What a great mom you are, and those Young Women are so lucky to have you as a leader! You will do great!
This is my current calling too! I really love it. I hope you are settling into it and enjoying it, too. I'm sure you will be great!
Post a Comment