I had the wonderful and amazing opportunity to go to Conference last weekend (for the first time that I will remember) with some friends! It was AWESOME!! We went down Saturday night and stayed with my Aunt Glady (THANKS!). When I was telling my friends we should stay with her I was like "She only lives like a block and a half away!" Well when we got there around 11 p.m., I realized it had been a while since I had stayed with her.... she lives RIGHT ACROSS the street! Every 20 min or so somebody would say "I can't believe how close she lives!" On Sunday morning we were planning on being in the standby line between 7:30 and 8 a.m. We got there at 7:45 and there were tons of people there already. I was so nervous we wouldn't get in. Well by 8:15 we were waiting outside the conference center on the top balcony(I don't know if that is the correct word but as high as you can get besides the roof)! We waited there for an hour. Then we got in! We were all so excited! Since it was Sunday morning we got the privilege of being there for Music and the Spoken Word with the Tabernacle Choir. The Spirit was so strong! Conference was amazing! I loved every minute of it! Jamie and I also had the privilege of attending the afternoon session! My Aunt Sandee called Saturday night and told me she was counting her tickets and realized that she had two extra! (THANKS!) What a blessing! So while Jamie and I watched it in the conference center while Jessica and Rachael went to the tabernacle. I loved the talks but I also loved the little things that you don't see when you are watching it on TV. For example how many people saw Elder Oaks lean over and give Elder Perry a thumbs up after he spoke (Sunday Afternoon)? Or saw President Uchtdorf keeping time with the music on the arm of his chair, or grab President Monson's hand during 'God Be With You Till We Meet Again'? Afterwards President Monson waving, President Uchdorf giving thumbs up, or Elder Bednar helping his wife down the stairs from where she was sitting and giving her a kiss? It was awesome! I don't mean to brag but I think that if you have never had the opportunity to attend General Conference then you should as soon as you can!'
I loved Eider Hollands talk "None Were With Him," Elder Hales talk "Becoming Provident Providers: Temporally and Spiritually," Sister Margaret S. Lifferth's talk "Respect and Reverence."
(Just to name a few!!)
I am so thankful for the chance that I had to attend General Conference. I am also thankful for the good friends that I went with! On the way home we sang Hymns and Primary Songs for like an hour and a half! It was amazing! I am so thankful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that President Monson is the Prophet on the Earth today and that the other leaders of the church have been called of God. I hope that I will get to attend General Conference many many more times in my life!
To read the talks from this session of General Conference click here.
To learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints click here.
1 comment:
so fun, i am so happy you got to go!!! you should make a road trip to vegas!
Post a Comment