Tuesday, June 30, 2009

LiSa wAlKeR BaNkS

PinK sHoeS... seWinG... HaiRbAll... STOP!!!
Today is Lisa's birthday! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful sister (in law but that is just a technicality!)!!!!! Lisa is so amazing! I am so lucky to be not only her sister but her friend! When Lisa and I get together things get a little bit crazy. We make things: a mess, blocks, dresses, caramels, hair bows, a tutu, headbands, sugar cookies, laughter, but best of all memories! I am so lucky that I was able to live close to her last semester, and I miss her everyday this semester when I am thinking about what I need to get done and realize I can't escape by going and seeing her and her beautiful children. Lisa is an amazing mom to Parker and Julia and a wonderful wife to Chad. I am so lucky that she joined our family!
Lisa and I are so much alike sometimes it is crazy! In the picture below, take note of Julia's dress- we made it! When we were at the store, looking for material for a quilt for Julia as I pointed out a fabric she was reaching to grab it because we both thought it was so cute! Well we split up for a while and I saw this material and thought it would be cute to make a dress out of but didn't say anything to her. Later when we walked by it together she picked it up and was like "Wouldn't this be a cute dress?" Well we made four the next day! One for her, one for me, one for Julia, and one for Lilly (her niece).
I am so thankful for all that she does for me and for all that she teaches me! Thanks for everything Lisa! I love you! Happy Birthday!

Thanks for being one of my best friends!

Lisa and her beautiful children!

This is what happens when I leave my camera out and she sees it...

What a fun road trip... :)

We don't care what you think of us.... as long as you love us!

3 comments:

ourbanksaccount said...

thanks kara, i love you too and can't wait for you to come see us! i am glad i get to call you my sister and that i am finally a big sister to a little sister (kind of- you are taller than me!)

Kara said...

Ha Ha wait I thought you were my little sister... isn't that what Jake's mom thought?

2thfairy said...

It sounds like Lisa is lucky to have you too!