I had a wonderful experience last night that made me realize all of the simple joys in my life that I so often take for granted. Last night for the first time since Dec 20, I was able to take a shower without the shower chair!!! My mom finally gave in and said that I could take one without it! I was so happy. I cannot express how much I have missed that, it seems so silly but you go a month with the long process of a shower chair; 2 weeks of that with your leg wrapped in grocery sacks duct taped to your leg hanging out of the shower and resting on the toilet, and you will understand my JOY!!!
These are a few of the other things that I enjoy:
* Playing the piano- I didn't realize how much I enjoy it until I played it the other day and it had been a long time!!!
* A warm fire- As we know my dad can get the house pretty hot, but when I am freezing and the living room is perfect I love to just sit on the couch next to it and relax.
* Catching up with friends! :)
* Good talks with people who encourage me and love me!
* Good books
* Sleeping in until 9- I have been substituting or working early every morning all week, it has been good for me but I must go to bed earlier! I am subbing through next Wed. at least, also I need to work for Debbie more, and get more hours in for my internship.... ahhh I run like a mad woman from place to place!
Side note- Last night Jared and I went to the airport and bought our tickets to go see Chad and Lisa! We are so excited! We were a little frustrated because the flight went up $20 overnight but it will be well worth the money! We have so many things planned and I am counting the days! Julia turns 1 tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the last year has gone!
1 comment:
Why would you go to the aieport to buy tickets?
Post a Comment