Monday, April 26, 2010

First Week



Emily has mad skills at juggling! [This is what we do late at night instead of sleeping!]



Samantha [Texas], Emily [Utah], Ashley [Utah], Me

I am done with the first week of the semester! Technically it wasn't a full week because we didn't have school last Monday, but I had class today so it works out! My classes should be good and I can't wait until I feel like I am more in the swing of things. Last week was a rough one because of all of the classes starting so it will be nice as they each start to go at their own pace because I think I can only read 200 textbook pages a week once!
I was also privileged to receive a calling this past week! This semester I am one of the FHE coordinators. The guy that is with me, Steven, I have actually known since my first semester up here and he is so fun. We had our first Ward Council last Thursday and on Sunday the majority of the ward was put into their callings. For my calling we organized the FHE groups (possible future eternal companions), and called FHE mom and dads.
Steven and I decided to do a semester long contest with games from the new TV show 'Minute to Win it.' We picked 6 games to give them so the groups know what to practice throughout the semester and then at our closing social at the Bishop's cabin we are going to do a big competition. Tonight for our opening social we did the game Junk in the Trunk. It was so funny! The bishopric did it first, it was great. 8 ping pong balls in a tissue box attached to a belt on your back and you have to shake it to get them out! It was so funny! It was also a great ice breaker for the start of the semester!
I definitely feel like I hit the ground running this semester with classes, as well as actually running. Ashley and I went out the other day and I was so impressed at how much of my endurance I already have back! I am excited for this semester and know it is going to be so much fun!

Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:

Sycamore Girl said...

you need to talk to Steph about how awesome it is to go to school. she's thinking of doing a trade school instead (massage) and I just can't bare her missing out on all the fun things that comes with the college experience!
I'm so glad you are living it up and having a blast at school. Makes me miss it a little bit. Just a little. :)