Monday, October 25, 2010

Friends

In my life friends have always been a struggle for me. I had friends who were only my friends at school, only my friends at church, or only when it is convenient for them. Lately my friends struggle has grown as past roommates have decided that they no longer feel the need to be friends with me. It has been a struggle for me these past few days and it is hard. It is hard to see the pictures and statuses posted on Facebook or to hear them talking about "special plans" and to not be invited. But as I have been thinking about all of these things I have realized that I don't need to be doing those things with them because the pictures that they post are inappropriate and that I wouldn't have had fun with them anyways. I have also been reminded what is important. I am so thankful for my family and that they are always my friends. I am thankful for Jared and that he is always my friend. I am so thankful for my true friends, those who care about me no matter what. Those who love me when I have my good and bad days, if I have just been camping for a few days and smell bad, if I am just out of the shower without any makeup with my hair drenched and looking like a rat, or if I am totally put together and have the confidence that I am a daughter of God. I am so thankful for those in my life who are true friends; to those of you I say Thank You. Thank you for being there, for caring about me and the things that are going on in my life. Thank you for your kindness and support in all of the things that I do. I love you all.

Enjoy the Journey.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Kara, I am so glad we are friends. I feel like I have known you so much longer than I actually have! It's amazing how well we get along. Thanks for loving me and being my friend. I'm so glad we met.

Becky said...

Kara, you're amazing! It's good you realize who your real friends are, they're irreplacable. Love you!

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

WOW! I think what you just said was an answer to my prayers. I am actually kind of emotional now. I have struggle so much with this ward because I feel like it is soooooo clickish and no one has really been wanting to get ot know me. I have tried, trust me. I see and hear about what other mothers are going out and doing. Girls night outs, going for walks with the kids, and such. I have even metioned to some, and I still don't get invited. I am to so proud to be a daughter of God and I am going to change my attitude towards this ward and actually start going to Sunday School. I have been a slacker. Thanks Kara for the post!