I know I haven't updated in forever... really it has been on my mind but... things happen and I forget! So I was looking through my phone pictures and decided to post about some random things as well as give an update.

Stephanie and I after Miss Russet. I was so impressed! She rocked my world on stage. Stephanie tied for Most Tickets Sold-which happens to be the same thing that I got. She did awesome!
This is terrible picture quality-my camera is on its way out. This is Kelsee and I one day before leaving for class. She is wearing one of my polos. The funny thing is that we were both wearing Aero polos, AE jeans (I told her later I should have changed to the exact pair she was wearing) and tan shoes. Kelsee and I always are cracking jokes with each other. She is soooo funny!
.jpg)
In my textiles class the four of us because instant friends. Me, Allison, Elizabeth (who Alicia is from Fulsom!!!) and Rachel. We were putting together our swatch kit and had some furry fabric. The tape wouldn't stick to it so we used the tape with the fibers on it as facial hair. Yes I am rocking the sol patch.

Adam's huge fathead that I put up in his office. this thing is 5' wide I believe. That was a fun project. Adam was glad he enlisted the help of the master vinyl applier (I guess that is the title I just came up with for myself).

Ignore my icky toenails-they needed to be painted!! sick. Anyways this is a picture of my final tan lines on my feet from this summer. I live in the sandals that made these lines. Thank you Old Navy.
Life is grand. I am still waiting to hear back on fast grad and child lab for winter semester. Hopefully I will find out soon. I picked up my application for graduation today. I will be getting my associates at the end of this semester even though (hopefully) a year from now I will be student teaching and finishing my bachelors! That is a crazy thought. I will be a certified teacher? Am I really old enough? Time flies! I remember my first semester when my roommates were juniors and I thought they were soooo old. Ha that's now me.
A week ago on Sunday morning before church I went to talk to Ashley Balmforth (who is one of the relief society presidents this semester-I knew it!) and she was sick. I went on a search for medicine for her and told her that if she was too sick to teach relief society I would do it for her. Then I went to church early to study my scriptures. She asked me to teach because she wasn't sure if she would be at church still-30 min before church started. I was so nervous but the lesson was on Sister Beck's talk from April's conference. I was told by a member in the Stake Relief Society presidency that I taught beautifully. That made me feel really good.
This semester I am one of the ward FHE coordinators again. I am excited for this calling again and hope that I can meet all of the goals I have for myself through this.
Classes are going well. I finally feel like I am in the swing of things, I had my first test and got a 90%-I know I am slacking. BUT I know how I can prepare better for next time for that class. I am enjoying all of my classes and am constantly amazed at how things fit together so well with all of my classes-how they are intertwined.
I have been realizing this semester how much I love it here. Sad that it has taken me this long to fully realize how much I love it here, but I really do. I love praying before class starts, I love that boys will hold the door for you without even thinking about it, I love that we are all here for the same reason, I love that those I associate with are also trying to become someone better.
Well Alicia-this is it for tonight. I got off my schedule last weekend and have been doing hw for classes the day before its due instead of the day it is assigned like I normally do. So I am off to finish my assignment for tomorrow but I hope you are glad that I updated you. Next post will be roommate pictures and introductions to all of my roommates. Off to do Issues in Global Climate Change....
Enjoy the Journey.
1 comment:
Well I feel better, don't you! One day you will thank me for helping reminding you write down your college experience. Because really college is a BLAST! What do you say... Oh yeah, enjoy the journey/PARTY! just a reminder, all my love P.S. please don't make me harass you agin. love
Post a Comment