Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Forgotten Carols







These past few weeks I have been realizing how much I really do love the Forgotten Carols. A few years ago I got the piano book and I have been playing parts of the songs here or there. Two years ago I learned I Cannot Find My Way/Three Kings, and we would sing it. Last year the same thing happened-Chad and Lisa love to sing it and it is fun when they are there and Karissa and Adam and Mom to all sing it. Over Thanksgiving break I took some time to just play the piano and I realized how I had forgotten how much I love to play the piano and how much peace it brings me. I played through every song in the book-working through the parts that I don't normally play even because I think they are "too hard." Mom came and sat by me even and we were singing them as my fingers stumbled on the notes. It was awesome. I have been thinking about the words a lot and how I wonder what it would have been like to be there. I have realized that is why I love this story and these songs so much-it allows me to feel like I was there. I can sing my heart out with these songs and place myself back in those "really old shepherd's clothes that itch!" It makes me wonder what I would have felt to have had the chance to see my Savior as a child. How like Sara in the story I can influence so many others. I have always had a dream/goal to be able to sing in the choir for the Forgotten Carols and hope that one day I will be able to do so because I would love it sooooo much. I cannot even explain how much I would love to have that opportunity. Sitting on the 5th row from the front in the middle-Michael's "Family Seats" was incredible.
This year I have realized that Christmas is my favorite holiday, it only took me 20 years to figure that out but I think I knew it all along. I love the magic and kindness that comes with Christmas and wish that people could feel that all year long-that's why I always want to sing Christmas songs in July! I hope that as we continue this holiday season we may be able to remember why we have Christmas-the real reason for the season. I hope that my roommates and I will be able to take the time to share this with each other and not get too caught up in the business of the semester ending. I love Christmas...

Enjoy the Journey.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I went to the forgotten carols this year too. I haven't been in at least 10 years. I actually missed it, but I like the old version better. And one more thing... HOLD ON, HOLD ON Apil 9th will come! JUST HOLD ON, HOLD ON

Sheila said...

Gotta love that Alicia! I too like the old way better I wish he would do it that way for his 20 anniversary!