Sunday, June 3, 2012

Motherhood

I was told I couldn't go to church today because of how exhausted I am and my head hurting. So I was sitting here listening to KLCE online and this song came on. It perfectly describes what I have been thinking about lately.


Sometimes I think about my life 
unsure of what to be. 
My friends and family give advice; 
They want what's best for me. 
Of all the things they see in me, 
What should I become?
 I need Thee, Lord,
 to help me choose,
 that Thy will may be done. 
Will I be prepared to fill woman's role,
 Accept the Lord's will with all of my soul, 
To raise children up, 
to love them, to lead? 
Will I take the time to bring them to Thee? 
My mother loves unselfishly, 
helps others in their need.
 She loves the teachings of the Lord
 and teaches them to me. 
Of all the things that she could choose,
 she chose the will of God, 
To love and lead us back to Him 
As hand in hand we walk. 
My mother prepares and fills woman's role, 
Accepts the Lord's will with all of her soul. 
She's taking the time to love and to lead, 
And she's taking time to bring us to Thee. 
As I prepare for motherhood
 And children I may raise, 
Be near me, Lord, that I may teach, Inspire in loving ways. 
Help me to walk the path that brings My children back to Thee, 
That we'll find joy throughout our lives, 
Together on our way. 
And I will prepare to fill woman's role, 
Accept the Lord's will with all of my soul.
 I'll raise children up, I'll love them, I'll lead, 
And I'll take the time to bring them to Thee.
 And as I prepare for children to raise, 
Be near me that I may bring them to Thee.

I have been blessed with an amazing mother who held me by the hand to "Bring me back to Him." She has and always will be my example in motherhood. I have learned so much from her as I have watched her quiet but GIANT example. In my eyes she casts a shadow of example far taller than her 5'5" body does. She is patient, kind, and loves unconditionally. She is always willing to do something for another person, which is something that I have really tried to apply into my life. 
 As I am preparing for this next step of motherhood I pray and hope that I can do the same thing with my children; that I may lead them back to Him. What a blessing and a responsibility it is to be entrusted by Heavenly Father to raise one of His choice Spirits. Jared and I cannot wait to meet her and get to know her better. We are so ready to have her (more fully) in our home and learn and grow with her, as well as other children that will come into our home in the years to come.

Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Thanks for the 1 am tears. It was just what I needed. I love you and have no doubt you will be an amazing mother!