Jared surprised me with a little "Staycation" as he called it on Monday. Being 39 weeks pregnant, we were not going to leave the state for Memorial Day. It was nice though because it gave us a weekend to ourselves relaxing and just enjoying each other's company (minus the homework part).
Monday we slept in, then I made cinnamon roll waffles for breakfast-Thank you pinterest. This was so so yummy. I just made normal waffles but the toppings were what made it!
Cinnamon Topping:
1/2 c. Butter (melted)
3/4 c. Brown Sugar (packed)
1 T. Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing:
4 T. Butter
2 oz. Cream Cheese
3/4 c. Powdered Sugar
1/2 t. Vanilla
Heat butter and cream cheese until melted, whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla.
Drizzle over waffles and ENJOY.
Then Jared had planned for us to go to Bridalveil Falls. On the way we did get sidetracked-yard sales on Memorial Day? What? (We liked staying in Utah.) There were a couple that we didn't find anything and we only made one purchase but it was worth our stops. I found a pair of Swank cuff links for Jared for $2 and he was so excited.
39 weeks 2 days
This was my "JARED I REALLY HAVE TO PEE CAN WE PLEASE TURN AROUND AND FIND BATHROOMS????" face
On our way back we stopped at The Shops at The Riverwoods. We got some caramels, chocolate covered cinnamon bears and a Reeses peanut butter caramel apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Then we headed to lunch at DP Cheesesteaks. We fell in love with cheesesteaks last summer when one of the business classes on campus started Pency's Cheesesteaks. SO YUMMY. We haven't found any quite as good since.
We stopped at home for a few minutes and Jared went to help some people move out of the ward. I went and hung out with my (AWESOME) visiting teaching companion Julie while her husband helped too. We ended up couponing at Rite Aid and Wal Greens. I have scored some killer deals this week!!!! (60 Arm and Hammer laundry pods for free + a $10 money maker!!! 25 cents a bottle for shampoo and conditioner. I am just that awesome.) When Jared came back from moving once again I was told how strong he is. I know I didn't marry a slacker. He gets to work and gets the job done, he doesn't mess around or take lots of breaks. He is building quite the reputation in the ward. :)
It was so nice to have a day spending time with each other!
Enjoy the Journey.






No comments:
Post a Comment