Thursday, January 17, 2013

Life

Emery is getting better over here. We took her to the dr. *again* and actually found some stuff out this time. She was getting over the stomach flu-aka the cause of the bajillion messy diapers. Apparently when babies get the flu in ruins the lining of their tummy and causes lots of diarrhea, and it stays that way until the lining can regenerate itself. Interesting little fact since we were going through 8-10 messy diapers a day (I finally stopped counting.... but we were at 65 in less than a week....). Also she had the startings of anal strep-yup never heard of that before- which she caught from a cousin over Christmas break. Dr. Clark put her on an antibiotic and recommended we get her back on a probiotic (we left her's in Idaho) so that she had something going for the good bugs in her tummy.

I am so thankful Em is a happy baby though! She has been happy the whole time she has been sick, with the exception of different times during the day wallowing on me for a while and then falling asleep in my arms. We enjoyed lots of Studio 5 on KSL, and then we would watch the old movie of the day on BYU-TV. We watched The Music Man, The Three Lives of Thomasina, Follow Me Boys, and a few others I don't remember. :)


 We did a lot of this... (yup she even gets to wear a bow with her pajamas-she only gets to spare it when she is sleeping or if dad happens to take it off, but he's learning!)


She was pretty excited to be in clothes for the first time in over a week, like not her pajamas. After she started having tons of messy diapers and blowouts I decided pajamas it was!

I  am finally starting to get some things done on my TO DO list now. (I have been getting lots of laundry done this whole time since she's been going through so much...) Since we have been back from Vacation I have started couponing again and have gotten some great deals! The last few times Jared has gone with me and has been pretty excited about the deals I have got.

We have also been cleaning a lot. Right before Christmas we both went through all of our clothes and I filled a laundry basket alone with basically t-shirts that I didn't want anymore. Today we cleaned the Ebay room and it looks SO much better. A large part of that is because we are getting so low on inventory, but it is nice to have that room so clean!

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: