Sunday, October 10, 2010

Welcome to Apartment 20

A few weeks ago we had roommate pictures taken and even though I wasn't in a super great mood to start out with we had fun and got some good ones!


Obviously this first picture is of me... thought I would give you all some eye candy. haha something like that...

Carrie is my room roommate. She is from Modesto, California, but most recently her family has moved to Lehi, Utah. She is a returned missionary and served in the Illinois Chicago North Mission. She is great! Honestly we get along sooo well and I am so thankful for that. She is quite until you get to know her. There have been many a late night talk where she has got me laughing so hard that I couldn't stop-once even the rest of our roommates came in to see what was going on because I was laughing so hard! She keeps her part of the room clean and is a constant motivation for me to be better.

Kelsee is from Erda, Utah and every time she tells someone that they laugh. It is the way she says it that is so cute. Kelsee and I go on lots of adventures and have made a lot of crazy memories this semester. To her I am now known as Buzz Lightyear, and she is now known to me as my little alien. Oh the things you come up with at 1:30 a.m.

Nicole and I actually met Summer of 2008 when we were in the same group at EFY. Then last fall she ended up being in my ward and I was her relief society president.She is from Nampa, Idaho. She has an amazing voice and is always making the rest of us laugh.

Kailee is from Indiana, and is amazing at the piano. She is the ward music coordinator and gets to play the organ in the Hart this semester for devotional. While Kailee and I are very different heights, we can share the same shirts/skirts/dresses so that is a lot of fun. My wardrobe has actually expanded as she has cleaned and donated to my cause. ;) (she also just got a job as President Clark's secretary and published a book her senior year of high school)

Felicia is also from Indiana and is from the same stake as Kailee. This is her first semester here and she already is in the groove with schoolwork and social life. She keeps all of us on our toes as she makes smart remarks and adds to our "quote" board.

Yes I am pretending to be the Statue of Liberty.

We took them at this house by Sunrise that was falling down. My roommates went exploring in it but I didn't feel comfortable doing that so I stayed outside and was ok with sitting in the rubble of the front porch.



This is my favorite picture. Kelsee and I have the face down-it is because she said she didn't know how to be serious so I gave her some advice as to how to achieve the look... it worked! ;)

Enjoy the Journey.

3 comments:

JareBear said...

I do love eye candy... ;)

Carrie said...

Kara, I just love you! I'm glad we get along SO well! Thanks for being a great example to ME!

Alicia said...

weird