Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Field Trip and the Temple


For my HFED 380 Connecting Education to Employment Class we went on a field trip to Boise on March 3-4. It was fast and we did a lot but it was a lot of fun! There were 12 of us in a 12 passenger van which was very squished. It was kinda crazy. (Don't judge my appearance- I had been on the bus all day.)

On Thursday we went to Tucano's Brazillian Grill and it was a lot of fun! Our bill for the 12 of us was (I think) 458. Somewhere in that range. I was floored!!

Christina and I drinking our Brazillian "lemonades" but really lime-aids.

Lauren and Sister Empey-she is one of my favorite teachers!

At Tucano's Sister Empey made us try Calamari. A bit chewy. If you don' t know what it is... click the link. It tasted fine. The texture got me.

Me, Christina, and Lauren in the most expensive fabric store I have ever been in... $120 for a yard? No thanks! But we did have the best talk in that store and made a lot of memories in the 20 minutes we were in there!

I was amazed on this field trip by all of the opportunities students have in high school now. Seriously they can leave high school and go straight into the workforce making 50,000 a year if they choose certain pathways. They can leave as a certified welder, a CNA, a MA, an EMT, with a food handlers permit, and those are just a few.
After I got back at 12:30 a.m. from my field trip I went to bed. I woke up on Saturday March 5 and got ready to go to the temple for my first time. It was a great experience. The temple worker that was helping me was so sweet and just grabbed my hand and held it leading me to where I needed to go and helped me with everything I needed. She was adorable. It was a small session and the majority of people who were there were there for me. I kept it really small and just invited a few family members. I am thankful to all of those who came to support me. I had an awesome first experience. The next Thursday I went again to do initiatory with my mom and my roommate Carrie in Idaho Falls. Last night I went with Carrie and we did a session in the Rexburg temple. I love the celestial room! BEAUTIFUL! I love the temple and I am so grateful that I had the chance to go a month early so that I can continue to build my testimony of it before I get married.

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: