Of The Four Sisters.
Lately I have been reminded of quite a few good memories from my time working for Debbie Evans. It was the best job I could have had in high school! She was so patient with me, worked around my schedule, and was an awesome boss! Here are a few of the "untold stories" from working there, an inside look.
This is Debbie's old JAG. One time I had to go and pick it up for her from the mechanic in Arco I believe. On the way back I found out that it drives beautifully at 85 mph. It wasn't on purpose that I found that out, but I did, then I decided to stick with 75.
This is what I spent a large majority of my time doing. Painting Boards. I have even been told that I am a PROFESSIONAL "Crackeler"
This is the basement of the shop that I helped Debbie redo. It was quite the project it took time, but it was fun and it looked awesome when we finished!
When Jordyn Wilde worked there we would find random things while cleaning and model for Debbie. It kept work interesting!!
I have no idea what this picture is!
One day while cleaning we found Debbie's wedding dress. She had me model it. The best part is that while I was modeling this Jared's mom came in. Luckily at that point I was upstairs, and I am sure she doesn't even know this story! But Debbie and I laughed because it was before I was "dating" Jared but I still liked him a ton and Debbie knew it!
- I introduced Debbie to Taylor Swift. I think I have forever changed her in the music world now. ;)
- One time for about two weeks we were stuck on the song "One Week" by BareNaked Ladies. She was impressed by how much I knew of it.
- I used to find change all over and kept putting it in a pile. I would always tell Debbie that "She was rich!" and that I was going to find her a million dollars. I never did.
- I learned the most effective ways of cleaning while working for Debbie.
- One time Debbie went to the cannery and canned a bunch of cans of "Cocoa" I was the only one who knew they were actually full of candy. She did this so she would have something to barter with if she ever needed to rely on it. Last August (3 years later) we found them and she gave them to me. I laughed really hard.
- I have a cream beanie that I wore all of the time during the winter. She loved it! One Christmas I gave her a Willow Tree statue with two women facing each other with their hands clasped. I had my mom crochet a little cream beanie for the one that is me. :) It made us both really happy.
- One time when working late to finish up a big project we just turned up the music and jammed out. You could probably hear it across the street because it was sooo loud!
These are just a few of the stories from working for her. I wish I had a better record because I am sure there are way more. I loved my job! I was so lucky to have such an awesome job in high school! She was the best boss anyone could ask for! It was a sad day last August when I helped her pack her store up.
Enjoy the Journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment