Last Tuesday I headed with my Method's Girls and Sister Lammons down to Provo to attend the state FCS Summer Conference. It was a great experience!!! We had a normal minivan which holds 7 and there were 7 of us!
Kim B., Kassandra, Kim K.
Megan and I., (I didn't get a pic of the front seat people-Sister Lammons and Alena)
Kim, K. Alena, and Kassandra
Kim B., Megan, and I
All of us plus Sister Lammons-she is an incredible woman!
After we got to Provo and checked in we headed to Olive Garden. It was so yummy and nice not to have to cook!!!
After we got to Provo and checked in we headed to Olive Garden. It was so yummy and nice not to have to cook!!!
Before we started our water aerobics in the hot tub! Megan told us since we couldn't do our normal exercise we must do aerobics!!
Enjoying the hot tub!!! (yes Megan has a swim top on-it just doesn't have straps.)
I learned how to do awesome curls without curlers! you use this head band then take the hair up and over and keep wrapping all of it, then go to sleep! This is the before we start.
Finished before she headed to bed. (I forgot to get one the next morning but it was so pretty!!! I will collect pics and then post one!)
Kassandra and I were in different rooms/packed at our own houses and ended up basically being twins! I told her I could go and change to my gray pants so we could completely match but we decided not to! :)
Wednesday was spent in classes. We were at the Wilkinson Center from 7:30 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. It was a LONG day. But it was full of adventures! Tom Jackson was the keynote speaker and did an awesome job! It was his last talk-he was retiring he announced. Which is pretty sad that I am coming in as he is going out. He has published 5 books about teaching activities and classroom engagement. At lunch I got to meet my Co-operating teachers/department! There are 4 in the department and they are all so sweet. All of them are LDS which is a bonus! I will be working with 2 of them. (Side Note: The registration cost $40, then they give you $20 back on a food card but you can spend it anywhere on the BYU campus-which was awesome!!!) That night Jared came and picked me up and we just had a break. It was nice to get away for a bit and relax!!! Then Thursday was another day of classes. Dan Clark spoke to us and it was really good! Megan and I totally skipped a couple of the classes because we were so exhausted and needed a break-but the best part is that we ran into Sister Lammons both times because she was skipping too! Thursday I came home with Jared. We stopped in Lehi and had dinner with Julie and Jill and the kids before coming home. It was a long but quick few days!!!
Enjoy the Journey.
1 comment:
ahhh find pictures of the after! i have been dying to see how those curls work on normal people (not just on the girl that did the pinterest tutorial!!) so awesome you tried it! i wonder if it works better with long hair? i'm thinking probably!
Post a Comment