Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grandma's One Liners

  • "Well you are just a little midgetimate."
  • "I was never married, I just told you that we were to make it look better."
  • Me: "Grandma-that color just add a little black to it" Grandma: "I don't know... negro.... italian?" (Keep in mind my grandma grew up in the south during the depression)
  • Me: "Grandma-when is this baby coming?" Grandma: "June 21, 15? 13?" Me: "No" Grandma: "When it wants to!"
  • "When I get old... well you'll wash my nightgowns for me won't ya? Well I will just sit and let you collect all of my money, and I want my door cut in half. If I am nice you can leave the half open, if I am mean and hollarin' you can just shut the top and tell me not you aren't listenin'" 
  • " Oh Mercy."
  • "TOIET" (skip the L)
  • "I don't have any homeroom teachers or visiting teachers."
  • "I like broccoli by itself, then I like cheese by the hunk. There isn't much I don't like except vegetable soup. You give me that and I will spit on you."
  • "I don't care who takes me home, I'm not gonna walk."
My grandma is one of my favorite people in the world and always has been. I would go to her house almost daily and spend time with here. Thankfully she loves Jared just as much (if not more) than she loves me. Another reason I knew he was perfect for me. Every time I am with her she makes me laugh and Jared and I quote her for the next few days. The other day when we went to her house I walked in and she was sitting in her chair reading her scriptures. It was a priceless moment for me. I wish that I had a camera so that it wasn't just in my head, but that will always be in my head. It was such a tender moment for me.

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: