Last Friday our neighbors/friends had their baby! I text Shanda Thursday to go on a walk and she said we could "try it." When I walked across the street I found out what she had said that. She told me that at her dr. apt that morning she was at a 3, and she had been having back pain all day. We picked up another friend and started on our walk. During our walk she started having contractions that would take her breath away so we started timing them; every 5 minutes. Later that night Jared and I went over to play games with Shanda and Mike. Shanda started having contractions closer together so I strated writing them down for her. They were coming anywhere from 2-5 mintutes apart. Her husband was in such denial that she was in labor. "Nothing broke, you're not bleeding and you have been in this kind of pain before." Shanda went to pack her sweats into her hospital bag and was laughing that Mike really didn't think their little girl was coming. (She was 37.5 weeks) We ended up taking them to the hospital (they don't have a car) and her contractions were 1.5 minutes apart when they put the monitor on her. yada yada.... She wasn't admitted until 12 a.m. so we didn't end up getting home until about 1 because of some errands we did for them but all is well! Their ADORABLE little girl came Friday just after noon. Diana Ruth and she is a little thing at 7 lbs 18.5 inches. We are so happy for them!
This made us even more excited for our little girl to come! Last week sometime I started seeing my belly move-mostly when we would read scriptures at night, but Jared would always miss it. (Jared says it is because she likes the scriptures already!) On Saturday he finally caught her moving! He thought I was faking it at first but he believed me when it happened again. We have tried to catch it on camera but apparently she is camera shy, so until she gets bigger you will have to see it in person if you want to see it!
Enjoy the Journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment