Warning: this is an update on everything, random, unorganized, just my thoughts lately.
I am a list maker. I am so much better about getting things done if I make a list and can check it off. Sometimes I even write things down that I get done that aren't on the list so that I can check them off anyways.
Days like today are perfect for making lists. Jared and I have a lot we needed to do today, so we woke up and made a list first thing. We probably had 10 or more things on our list and we are down to 5 things.
On Saturday I had my first lesson on "craigslist/ksl" and selling things. Jared showed me how easy it is to make listings and we listed my old sewing machine (I upgraded with graduation PLUS I got a serger too!). I got the machine for my 15th birthday and I have used it since then, until around Christmas. IT SOLD SOOO FAST! We got a lot of phone calls on it, but we have another nice machine we picked up at D.I. we haven't listed so hopefully we can sell that one just as fast! This means I am officially in on the partnership of this little "business." I will be the one to update the homethriftstore blog, then post on craigslist and KSL, but Jared will do the actual "selling." It should mean more inventory moving faster because we will have 2 people listing things, and I have way more time to get it done than he does. I am excited to see stuff moving out!
Also today was EBAY shipping day. I love shipping day, especially after Jared lists a lot of stuff on auction. Auctions=lots of stuff leaving my house. It is a good feeling (but hey I get excited when we take the trash out!). Tomorrow will be another auction shipping day... or Wednesday.
It excites me for garage sale season to start because our inventory is getting "low" from what we had and it is always better to start with less stuff so that we can keep up with what will be coming in.
We also have been working on organizing the EBAY (or extra) room lately since we have this little one coming. The other day there was a full size bookshelf next door on the curb so I snatched it and that helped get things way more organized. We currently have the "mini crib" we will be using for the first while in the closet, but during the break between semesters we will reorganize it and get that out and put some ebay stuff in the closet.
My mom and her friend Diane drove down on Saturday to bring us a small chest freezer and visit for literally 2 hours. Diane can use her work van and not have to pay gas so it was a fun excuse to come down and get to see me! Even though the freezer takes up a bit of space it is so nice to have it! Chicken was on sale for 1.38 a lb so I was able to get more and restock while it is cheap!
I also made chicken noodle soup because Jared wasn't feeling well. I was so proud of myself for braving the smell of cooking meat, and it turned out soooooo good! Jared had an empty stomach because nothing sounded good but I was so happy when he said that the soup hit the spot. I also made bread! I was so proud of myself for actually cooking! The next day we took a loaf of bread and soup to our friends who just had a baby!
The sun has been out for the past few days too which has been so lovely especially for walks! I have been making a lot of friends in the ward lately so walks are happening even more often! Yesterday Jared and I went on a walk and found a bunch of stuff in a dumpster behind a store going out of business that he can sell on ebay too! (we stumbled upon this so we are not counting it as "working" on Sunday)
Speaking of dumpster diving... we went to the temple a few weeks ago and then Jared took something to the trash as soon as we got home. He found that the dumpster (while we were gone-he had taken something out right before we left) had been filled with baby stuff! We got an entire pack and play (all parts included!), a high chair, a bouncer/vibrating, some random clothes for a cousin, and took a box of stuff to D.I. The bouncer washed great and even has batteries in it so we know it works! The high chair still needs some cleaning, but it cleaned up a ton with the first clean. The pack and play I sent with my mom to clean and sanitize but it should clean up great too. I am thankful she is willing to help!
ANYWAYS.... sorry for the rambling, but I have just been feeling so good lately and I have been extremely productive!
Enjoy the Journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment