Monday, March 19, 2012

An Instrument in His Hands


While we were making lunch yesterday, Jared and I were talking about our new calling and about how we could reach out more to the girls. We were discussing the many ideas we had as we finished preparing lunch. Then Jared asked me to bless the food; during the prayer (thinking about our recent conversation) I asked Heavenly Father to allow us to be instruments in His hands to do the things that he needs us to do. We ate lunch and went on with our day. An answer to this prayer came that evening. A friend text me and asked me what I was doing-I explained I was just finishing up putting banana bread in the oven and asked her what she needed. She just needed company. She needed someone to come and be with her, because her husband was at work. We were supposed to have been at Julie and Jill's yesterday but Jill text us and told us she was sick. I am so thankful that we made the decision to stay home so that I was able to do what my Heavenly Father needed me to do. I know that He will answer our prayers, especially when we volunteer to let Him use us in the ways that can help us become better as well as help His other children in their journey.

Yesterday my testimony was strengthened of the power of prayer.

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: