Yes my friends we just bought our first boxes of diapers. (We have been given some-so this was our first actual disposable diaper purchase.) Babies R Us and Toys R Us were having a sale today where you buy 2 boxes and instantly get $25 off. With the mother that I was raised with I couldn't help but look around at prices, and look for coupons before snatching up this deal. We bought 2 boxes of size 1 diapers (246 ct) for 45.99 each. BUT let's add in what we got off. $25 instantly. I had two $1.50 off coupons, for different "types" but both rang up so add on $3 to our savings. We registered there-simply to get the samples and $10 gift card, which we had $0.39 left on, so add another $0.39 (total is 28.39) and they had their baby expo last weekend and I won a $5 gift card for writing down the most items in 30 seconds that you can find in a diaper bag. So our total off came to $33.39! We ended up paying $63.18 for 492 diapers making them $0.128 cents each! Wahoo!
In other diapering news....
We bought 12 Fuzzibunz diapers when we were in Idaho over President's day weekend. We found a killer deal on them on craigslist and snatched them right up! We bought the white and "butter" colored ones so they are more gender neutral. I have heard/experienced so many good things with this brand that we knew this was the brand that we wanted. Chad and Lisa as well as Nick and Becky, (and some other friends) use them and love them, and from my experience with Parley in them they are great! Jared and I went back and forth, but after looking at the price of disposable diapers, and remembering how nice these are we decided we would go for it! We don't plan on using strictly cloth diapers, but using them a majority of the time. I don't want to use them with a newborn-even though you can (these are so awesome! they are adjustable, so easy to use etc.) so that is why we bought so many of the one size. Also I don't know that I am really going to want to use them at church-I don't love the idea of having to carry around the dirty insert/diaper, or traveling(in the car) BUT I do plan on using them to their fullest!
Enjoy the Journey.


1 comment:
You just wrote... In other diapering new. Really! That is a peculiar phase, I like it just a little hung up on it. Makes me think you like poo. Just sayin!
Post a Comment