I started student teaching this past Monday. And tomorrow my students come. It was a crazy week but a good one. Meetings, bulletin boards, staples, desks, chairs, breakfasts, going to lunch, mouse poop, dirty windows, ceiling tiles that are gross, recycling, projectors, filing cabinets, laminators, ipads in meetings, parking pass, Jordan High badge, room keys, posters, classes getting changed, laughter, memories, early mornings, little sleep.... the many things that happened this week.
These pictures are from my first day.
I have even survived a full week of driving in Utah. Construction, I-15, traffic. I am to the point where I am almost on auto pilot. We get up anywhere between 5:30-5:50. I leave the house at 6:30 and get to school at 6:52. Contract hours are 7-3 but I am sure I will be there longer some days! My classes I will be teaching got changed again this week but I am totally okay with that because I dropped a "prep" I was supposed to teach 3 different classes (in 6 periods. so I would have had 3, 2, and 1 of each) but now I am teaching 2 different ones!!! I have 4 sections of Adult Roles and Financial Literacy, and 2 Sections of Food and Nutrition I.
I work with 2 different teachers. I am teaching 5 classes with Natalie Hancock, she was CTE teacher of the year last year. It is her 4th year teaching and we get along AMAZING!!!!
I am also teaching with Shauna Young. She is the department chair and teaches at least one section of all of the foods classes. She has been so kind and caring making sure I am ready.
My final date: November 22.... it will be a BEAUTIFUL day.
Julie and Jill have about a bajillioon snails. They did spray and now they are no longer. But Jared did manage to get some good pictures my first morning up early.
Enjoy the Journey.
1 comment:
Yeah, driving in Utah is crazy right now. The construction is everywhere... it's insane! Good luck with student teaching!
Post a Comment