Alright Folks... I have had people surprised by how little we spend on grocery's each month. They find it hard to believe that we can easily spend less than $100 for the two of us. WELL here are my hints/tips/what I do!
1. Shop the Ads! This is the biggest thing that I think you can do! Then stock up when it is a good price. -For example $0.33 per box of macaroni and cheese-stock up with enough to get you through the expiration date. 1.29 lb for chicken-stock up and get as much in your freezer as you can! That is what I did yesterday-24 lbs of chicken bagged into 26 bags and into the freezer. Luckily we have a small chest freezer so that we can do this.
2. COUPON! I am not a crazy coupon lady-I think it is silly when people get things that they wouldn't normally, only get junk or get it just because they can. I check the sites freebies2deals and hip2save as well as coupons.com.
-For example today Jared and I got 2 trial size toothpastes and were paid $0.06 to take them out of Wal*Mart, plus 2 2oz bottles of multi purpose contact solution for free! Not to mention the other coupons that I used while we was there. Oh and we hit up Walgreens and paid $0.56 for 2 bags of wint-o-green lifesavers (you know the kind you LOVE during church...)
3. Talk to people.
-I talk to my mom all of the time about what is a good price for this or that- I mean she is "SUZY SHOPPER" and all. And yes sometimes when I am at the grocery store I may call her 4 times within 5-10 minutes but it's a good thing she doesn't mind. But there are most likely other people in your neighborhood/ward/etc. who know good deals or how to coupon.
Anyways these are my helpful hints on how to save money/live thrifty/be frugal. (oh and p.s I love heyitsfree.net to sign up for free samples-another way to save money!)
Enjoy the Journey.
1 comment:
I love how close you are to your mom. She is great, Miss Suzy Shopper!
Post a Comment