(I am realizing how handy it is to just take pics on my phone and then send them to my email-it reminds me to update more often!)
So I woke up yesterday and was dreaming about what I wanted to eat for breakfast. When Jared woke up I said "Do you know what I have been thinking about?" He responded "No...." I continued "I think that that cinnamon apple bread would be really good french toast, especially with buttermilk syrup." He started laughing and replied "I thought you were going to say something about how we are going to have a baby."
Anyways he wasn't laughing at me anymore when he took a bite of this goodness! The bread was a loaf of bakery bread and we decided we will have to make this again for sure! The recipe that I used for the syrup is:
Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tblsp. corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
Instructions
- In a large pot mix all of the ingredients except the vanilla and baking soda. Boil over medium heat for about 7 minutes, stirring the entire time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda. The baking soda causes a reaction so expect it to bubble.
- Serve immediately on french toast, waffles, or pancakes.
We didn't have buttermilk so we made it with 1 T. lemon juice then add milk to make a cup (15 T.)
The syrup will stay good in the fridge for about a week and reheats WONDERFULLY in the microwave, just make sure to do it a little at a time and stir it so it doesn't burn. :)
Enjoy the Journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment