Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Goodbye 1422 S. 320 E. Orem

We are completely and officially moved. I'll miss the few dear friends I made (well by miss I mean not be in stroller walking distance-we'll still do lots together), and i'll enjoy not missing loud hispanic kids during nap time running in my yard, a not very welcoming ward, bikes and an ebay business in the spare bedroom, etc. Since I have these I thought I'd post them for posterity's sake/anyone else who's interested who never got to visit us while we lived here. Ignore all of the other silly details, like I've mentioned this is my "journal" so I thought I'd document all of our furniture, etc. 


We're the only ones with a nice front door-and it's because I complained for 5 months how my door was bowed and drafty, etc. FINALLY it got replaced. Also I loved the few weeks the roses were in full bloom!


We'll head downstairs first. [note: there is storage right under the landing which includes the stairs going down, then there is storage that goes all the way under the stairs that go up, pictures below]


White recliner, Granma pulled off the curb from her neighbors, it plugs in and vibrates. Red recliner, Jared's Granma pulled off the curb from her neighbors! 


This couch was our first "big" purchase since we've been married. We bought it in January? Anyways, we bought it used (2 yrs) from some people in our ward. It's a Pottery Barn and you can tell from the pics its SUPER DEEP. We love it. "It's a lounger, bro." 


Our kitchen table and chairs came across the plains with Adam's family. A&K stored them in their garage for us until we moved here. Chest freezer-other "big purchase" used for $50 and delivered from Idaho! Thanks Mom and Diane! Sweet mirror- $15 at DI on our anniversary-aren't we romantic? (plant- thrown in the dumpster, it wouldn't ever flower so I gave up on it!)


Kitchen, we're the only ones in the building with an updated kitchen and dishwasher, yet we [were] paying the least! Side note: we never realized we were in a BYU/UVU rent bubble until we were looking to move. Then we realized what a great deal we were getting at $650.


Door that goes to the storage under landing and stairs going down.


Coat closet/under stairs going up-ignore the mess.


Half bath/laundry at bottom of stairs. We paid $110 for the washer and dryer and sold them to the people moving into our apartment for $100!


Upstairs bath


Our bedroom. We were given a double size mattress and box spring when we got married that we were going to "make work" his dad found a killer deal on our bed [$250] so we traded. That way we had a king size and they had one that was bigger than a twin for his bedroom.

I have posted several pictures through out our time living there of the ebay room, and at the point these pics were taken it was a packing/yard sale prep mess.

Enjoy the Journey.


No comments: