Thursday, May 19, 2011

Honeymoon Part 1

These are going to be in backwards order but I am finally getting them done!!!

The two nights of our honeymoon we were in Pocatello at the Black Swan Inn. We just relaxed and enjoyed having the stress of the wedding over with! We opened the cards, and our honeymoon banks. To explain our honeymoon banks I got the idea from Lisa when she married Chad. She had a big jar of change that they used just for their honeymoon. Well since I was in high school at the time I just decided to start saving for myself-except I was using cash. Whenever I got a big pay check I would slip some money in there, a dollar here, five there, twenty a few times. :) One time I was telling Jared about this and he decided to do one of his own. Mine were in the coconut banks that you get in Hawaii but his was in a dog statue that he had-he just cut a hole in the back. Mine were easy to get apart-we just had to break the hot glue seal. Jared's had to be completely broken-hence the picture. Here is a really funny story that happened:

After Jared's family had left the reception apparently his aunt realized she had forgotten her jacket, so Jordan and Cahlin were sent back to get it. Jordan got there only to run into my mom who told him that she needed him to do something. She told him that the one thing I said was "Don't let me forget this black bag," so she asked him if he would deliver it to us. Karissa mentioned that she had heard we would be in the Romeo and Juliet Suite. -Switch to our end. We had just gotten to our suite and Jared's phone starts ringing and it says Jordan, he says "ha!" and turns his phone off.-So off they go. Jordan and Cahlin head to Pocatello to deliver the "black bag"-contents unknown. The next day we wake up and there is a text from Jordan about forgetting a black bag. I text Jordan from Jared's phone asking him to please bring water (it tasted so gross there and we had already drank our water bottles) when he brings the black bag. Immediately Jared's phone rings and it is Jordan. I answered it and he explains that they delivered the black bag last night and that it should be on our door knob. They found the door, heard talking and TV so they knocked but we didn't answer and it got quiet. Then he said they waited and then he talked to the door saying "It's okay you don't have to answer we brought the black bag." Then he put it on the doorknob and they left. " I said "Jordan which Romeo and Juliet suite did you go to?" He responded saying "There is more than one?" He said they went up stairs to a hall of doors and found it. I realized that it was the wrong one. He started laughing and said "Well at least we didn't ruin your night!" So I sent Jared to go and track down the black bag. He responded that my mom said it was important so he knew he needed to bring it. I don't know when she heard me say that I needed to make sure not to forget it but the contents of the black bag: My hair and makeup stuff. :) (this story is much better if you hear him tell it in person. you will die laughing.)


Monday morning we went and returned Jared's tux to the mall and got smoothies, cinnamon rolls and pull aparts for breakfast and hopped in the car to head to Utah.

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: