Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Month!!! and Update

It is crazy to think that I have been married to my best friend for a whole month. Since I have been behind in keeping the blog up to date one might ask where that month has gone. So.....


I came home to these beautiful flowers, a large bag of Sour Patch Kids (I am seriously addicted to them.) and a sweet note from my cute husband for us being married for one month. :) I love that boy.



After moving into our apartment we have been busy with starting one semester and finishing the other. I started the exact same day Jared ended (due to my class being cancelled the official first day of classes). Since then I have been busy with school and Jared has been busy with work. Right now he is just doing his ebay business and keeping really busy with that. He has applied for a few internships/jobs but we haven't heard back on any of them. With school I am taking 16 credits this semester including Methods, and Curriculum Development, Food Science, Reading in the Content, and Parenting (online). I have been pretty busy, but am able to find time each day to do something fun with Jared as a break. We started running together which I really enjoy, we take bike rides, cook together, or I work on bows (another post) and he works while we watch our favorites-Castle, Pawn Stars, or Auction Hunters. We are nerds.


On Monday night we made conference bread.... We put a few too many Rhodes rolls in the pan,(Thanks Kara and Alvin!! We love it!) and our oven cooks ridiculous but they turned out good! (Side note: Our oven cooks 75 degrees hotter than the dial says-so you would think if you just turn it down it would cook normal but it still doesn't. The only thing I have had turn out is bread sticks. )

Jared is so good about helping me cook dinner! He also makes my lunches every day in a brown sack and writes my name on the outside and leaves me a note inside. I am sooo blessed!!!


We also have been eating a lot of watermelon and corn on the cob. We had the watermelon on our counter for a day and a half and hadn't touched it until I cut it all up and put it in this awesome container. It is huge. Now it is so much easier to grab and eat. This is definitely something I will continue doing.

I am still waiting on my placement for student teaching but the good news is is that they have been getting them out the past few weeks so it is just when they get around to me... I hope it is soon... I am dying!!!! But the good news is that mid terms are in 2-2.5 weeks. I can't even believe that they are already so close!!!

Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:

DaNae Barnard said...

I know how it is to have a crappy oven! I had that in the last place I lived, and could never really cook anything right. Cake always turned out interesting. Now we moved, and our oven works alright, but the stove is messed up. I guess that's what you get for college! Where are you guys living? Isn't being married the best thing EVER!!?