Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This One Time....


I married my very best friend. April 9, 2011 was the best day of my life, I became Jared Paul Fielding's wife. It was such a perfect day! For the purpose of this being journaling I am going to be as detailed as I can... just an FYI. :)


Well....for me the preparation kicked in high gear when we started setting up on Thursday night. We were so lucky to have a lot of help with setting up! Mom, Dad, Karissa, Chad, Lisa and kids, Jason Geary, Aunt Kathy and Allison, Aunt Sherry, Holly, Pauline, Kaylee, and Ishmael (I think that was everyone....) were all there to help. We got a ton done! I was amazed with what we got done. Chad and Jason hung the wire across the gym while the rest of us hit the ground to get stuff done. By the time we left Thursday night we had the wire, lanterns, and lights up, tables, tablecloths, backdrop, and chairs all up. The biggest part was done it was just the little-probably time consuming things that still had to be done.
Friday morning started with Jared heading to get his tux in Pocatello and me heading to Amber Arsenault's to get my hair done. (I can do other's hair but I don't trust myself to do my own! She did my hair for my MissRusset pictures, my bridals, and my wedding. SO EXCITED she is having a girl... like this week!!!) After that Jared and I ran a few errands before we headed to Rexburg with Jon and Lindy to take pictures. We left a bit later than planned and we needed to grab something from where Jared and I would be living so we decided to change there. Lindy helped me get dressed while Jared got dressed. Jared and Jon headed to Smith Park where we would meet them. After we go to Smith Park Lindy took Jared and positioned him where she wanted him with his back to me. During this time Kaylee came and delivered our flowers- THEY TURNED OUT AWESOME!!!!!!! Then Lindy took me and put me where she wanted me behind Jared. She gave he okay and then he waited for me to tell him he could turn around. When he did he just stopped. I think he said "WOW.............. You look beautiful............ the dress is perfect and looks amazing on you............" During all of this Lindy captured the moment. :) Then we took pictures at the park and headed to the temple. It was FREEZING outside!
We got some awesome shots with our last one being in the field with the temple behind us.

We LOVE that picture!!! Then as we got in the car it started snowing like crazy!!!! We met up with Kaylee and Ishmael to get the centerpieces and give back my bouquet and Jared's boutonniere. We headed back to the house, changed like mad people, and headed to our dinner. I will say it... we. were. late. BUT I am okay with that because no one seemed to care and we got some AWESOME shots we wouldn't have otherwise. For our dinner Jared and I picked Hawaiian Haystacks with Cheesecake for dessert. It looked great! It was the atmosphere that I wanted and I loved it! We had casual dress so that it was a party! Half of the tables had things about us and our relationship and the other half had the beautiful flower centerpieces.
Some of the things on our "other" tables were:
  • Our first kiss/holding hands
  • Graduation from high school/seminary
  • BYU/ BYU-I
  • Masquerade
  • Prom
  • Our favorite things
At the table we were at it was just us and our parents. After we had a little to eat we started making the rounds visiting with everyone that was there. There were so many people there who love and care about us! It was awesome!!!! I want to have dinners like that just because and for no reason at all!!! :) After the dinner we said goodbye at the church and I headed for pie. In my family pie is a tradition with the girls the night before you get married. This time it was Karissa, Becky, Alicia, Lindy, Holly, and I. I ended up getting food and pie because I was hungry from not getting very much to eat! On the way home Alicia got a phone call and when she said that the person better tell her who they were I, for some reason, knew it was Jared. It turns out I still had his cell phone in my bag from pictures earlier. We headed to his house to drop off the phone. I was excited to get to see him again. :)

Saturday brought lots of fun and excitement. I was up and at Amber's house at 7 a.m. to start my hair. Karissa and Briana joined at about 8. It was a fun and relaxing morning for me because it was quiet and I just chilled with my sister and the girls I grew up playing with. As soon as my hair was done-about 9:45 I headed home. Jared got there shortly after I did. I hurried and changed into my dress and then we were off. Mom drove my car with Jared and I in the back seat. It was cute. We got to the temple and started doing everything that we needed. My mom was able to help me get dressed in the Bride's room which was absolutely breathtaking. There were 20 weddings in Rexburg that day! President Kinghorn was our sealer- I know him because he is my old roommate Ashley Bedke's grandpa, but he also served as the Patriarch for the 4th Stake in Rexburg when Jared's Grandpa Fielding was on the high council. The sealing was beautiful. The room was filled with family and friends. It was packed and I think there were....4 people standing? After the sealing President Kinghorn invited people to come and congratulate us on their way out. I was fine until our siblings and the rest of our immediate family/grandparents/ aunts came. That's when I started to cry. Jared kept telling me not to cry because it is a happy thing but that is why I was crying. There were so many people there who love us-not to mention all of those standing outside or in the waiting room. My mom and Julie came back with me to the brides room to get dressed and head out of the temple. We waited inside until we go the cue that everyone was ready and then we went out. We had to go through one set of doors and let them close before we went through the other to keep the noise out of the temple. When we went out there were so many faces of people we love. It was awesome. Jared took me in a dip and kissed me. Everyone cheered. :)

We did family pictures at the temple, group shots, etc. then we headed to do the pictures we wanted and didn't get on Friday. While we were doing pictures at the temple Jared's parents went and grabbed us Arby's. After we finished with the temple shots we walked down to the stake center below the temple and ate in the Relief Society room. Then we grabbed my parents and headed downtown for pictures.

We were trying to find the live laugh love wall but never found it. We did find a lot of other cool walls and got some great shots!!! After we finished with pictures downtown we headed back to the temple. We were the last bride and groom to leave the temple that day. We had a brief scare of lost keys but we found them and headed to Shelley. We stopped by my house for something.... I don't even remember, then headed to the church. By the time we got to the church it was time to get dressed again and start pictures. The finished gym looked AWESOME!!!!! We loved it. When my mom was fixing the lace up on my dress I noticed a quilt and asked her who made it. It was beautifully pieced, pink and brown out of material that we had bought years earlier for a project. She responded holding back tears that she had. We love it! After pictures it was time for the reception to start. My shoes came off by I think the 2nd person? :) The line was constant except one short give for like maybe 2 minutes. It was CRAZY!!!! Seriously the gym was packed the entire time and the line was out the door. Jared and I were amazed by how many people there were! Randy and Sheila la got us food from the gas station-we were thankful for that! Holly and Julisa made sure we had plenty to drink, and I was able to call Alicia over whenever I needed a picture taken. We were supposed to have a line from 6:30-8 then a dance from 8:00-8:30, but we ended up being in line until 8:40 then danced until about 9. We danced together for our first dance to Love of my Life,

then I danced with my dad to I Loved Her First.

It wasn't long before he started crying-but I was holding back the tears too. We did Cotton-Eyed Joe, the Hokey Poke, Love Story, and a few others. Honestly I don't remember the other ones-I just know we did. Before we left the reception we grabbed the basket of cards and headed out. Our car was lovely-with paint and balloons. We had an escape car at my house but Chad got wind of that and made sure he painted the windows of that car too. We changed out of our formal attire into sweats, grabbed the suitcase and headed out! The day was perfect and we loved every minute of it! Thanks to all who were a part of it!!!!

The crazy things that happen when the bride and groom leave....

Lindy did an awesome job with our pictures! WE can hardly wait to see the rest of them!!! To see the slideshow click here. (the pictures on here aren't very good quality because I had to take a screen shot of them-hence the line through some of them. BUT click the link and view the show!!!!)

Enjoy the Journey.

No comments: